Upcoming Special Hours
Health, Distancing, and Screening: The following guidelines apply to all bookstore employees and bookstore management staff. Bookstore management will be responsible for directing employees to follow these guidelines to ensure the health and safety of students, customers, bookstore employees, and UCA employees.
Cleaning and Hygiene Guidelines:
● The bookstore will actively promote etiquette for coughing, sneezing, and handwashing; avoid touching face, especially eyes, nose, and mouth.
● Bookstore employees will be directed to adhere to social distancing guidelines and work 6’ apart whenever possible. Bookstore employees will also be required to wear face masks for the duration of their shifts.
● When possible, we will discourage the sharing of equipment, work tools, etc. where multiple people may touch surfaces frequently without the opportunity to clean. Any work equipment or tools which will be used by multiple employees will be subject to cleaning in-between employee use.
● The bookstore will have employee and customer hand sanitizer readily available. We will have hand sanitizer stands and dispensers at each entrance/exit to the store.
● The bookstore currently has plexiglass barriers on all cash register stations. The bookstore has all other necessary cleaning materials, supplies, and PPE (gloves & masks) in stock and available.
● Restrooms and Dressing Room area will be limited to employees only for the duration of the pandemic.
Social Distancing Guidelines:
● Bookstore management will ensure no more than 25 customers in the store at a time.
● Signage will be posted at bookstore entrances/exits and around the store reminding customers of social distancing policies.
● The student center gate of the bookstore will be the only designated entrance. The exterior door will be an exit only.
● The bookstore will provide floor decals to mark appropriate physical distance (six feet) and to guide the directional flow of traffic. A floor layout with retail fixtures will also be utilized to help customers maintain social distancing while in the bookstore.
● The bookstore is urging customers to place orders through TheUCABookstore.com to decrease in-store traffic and better allow the in-store services to be available to those who need them most.
● The bookstore will accept appointments for in-store shopping outside of normal business hours for high risk and vulnerable members of the community. These appointments will need to be made 24 hours in advance and can be made by phone, chat, or email.
Any questions or concerns regarding the UCA Bookstore and what we are doing during the COVID-19 pandemic should be directed to bookstore manager Brad Smith – email@example.com, and district manager TJ McDonald -- firstname.lastname@example.org.